welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Wednesday, May 17, 2017

REJECTED CREEPY CREATION BY KEN REID



Ken Reid fans will certainly know that Creepy Creations was a series of single-panel illustrations that he drew for SHIVER AND SHAKE comic. Some were excellent, some less so, but for some reason the Editor rejected the one shown in the picture below. I don’t quite see a reason for rejecting it, but perhaps I am missing something?... 


6 comments:

  1. That's a puzzler, eh? Maybe it was uncertainty over what to call her, but surely they wouldn't get Ken to draw something unless they had the intention of publishing it. Or maybe, after some reflection, they just decided it wasn't creepy enough. Nice to see 'though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her nose does look like Trashman's cock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get the joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a brilliant cartoon (where do you find these?) one of his best imho - no idea why it wasn't used other than its not a great joke - wonderful stuff though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I photographed them from original artwork that has survived in Ken's family archive. There's loads or fantastic unpublished stuff there!..

      Delete