welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Monday, August 20, 2018

INDIEGOGO ORDERS FOR THE POWER PACK OF KEN REID FULFILLED ON SCHEDULE!



All orders for the POWER PACK have been shipped this morning, so if you supported my IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign and are in the UK or the EU, expect a courier calling at your door sometime in the end of this week or early next week. The last POWER PACKS going to the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada will be posted tomorrow, and the supporters in those countries will receive their copies in a couple of weeks from now (depending on how quick the post office is).

Individual books are now available on eBay and directly from my online KAZOOP COMICS SHOP

If you want the limited edition box set with free artwork prints, or individual books with the free prints, IndieGoGo is still the place to get them – I have updated the FEATURED PERK in the column on the right by indicating the number of slipcase copies still available. The offer will expire in the first days of September, or when the few remaining copies are sold – whichever happens first. CLICK HERE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE CAMPAIGN PAGE!

I have lined up a series of Ken Reid posts to appear on this blog over the next few months, including one or two things that I wanted but wasn’t able to include in the biography part of the collection, and a long string of posts covering the serialized stories of Faceache in BUSTER (i.e. the stories that continued for two weeks or more)…

In the meantime, here’s an image of the pile of THE POWER PACKS before they were off to their new homes this morning:


No comments:

Post a Comment