welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Friday, July 27, 2012

SPORTS THEME IN BRITISH COMICS TO CELEBRATE LONDON OLYMPICS 2012


Having enjoyed doing the series of football posts during the recent EURO 2012 (all 24 entries can be viewed by clicking here), I now intend to run another one to celebrate London Olympics.

Sports theme was of course a very prominent one in British comics over the years and my intention is to find and show illustrations for every single modern Olympic sport. I’m not sure if this is a feasible mission but I will give it a try anyway :) Failing that, there are lots of interesting sports-related strips by many of my favourite artists to show and enjoy until the end of the Games on August 12th.

The series will run concurrently with my COR!! posts of which there are only a few left…


1 comment:

  1. its going to be amazing like last time..its a winning idea..

    ReplyDelete