welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Friday, February 5, 2016

MY COMICS WORK: THE FROLICS OF THE ONE-HORNED DEVIL, PART TWO



Time for part two the story that I drew in 1990 or thereabouts for the national humour magazine. You can read the first part HERE. The magazine lost my original artwork of the first page below, so the image is scanned from the printed version, hence poor quality.







The last four pages will be up soon!


P.S. Apologies for possible delays in publishing and/or replying to your comments – I will be travelling overseas starting from the coming Sunday until the middle of the month and may have limited internet access at times. I have scheduled the next part to go live automatically :)

3 comments:

  1. You may have mentioned it before, Irmy, but why did you give it up? And did you ever think of approaching IPC or Mad Magazine to look for work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were very exciting and turbulent times here that offered lots of opportunities and drawing comics wasn't the best career to pursue, that's for sure :) Besides, I got married at about that time, etc. And no, I never thought about approaching publishers abroad for work. I think the fortnightly magazine that published my work folded in the early nineties after some 40 years.

      Delete
    2. Why not do a one-tier strip whenever you get the time, and post it on the blog? You know, something like The Wizard Of Id or Calvin And Hobbes? (I din't mean in theme, just in size.) A one-tier, three or four panel strip? That'd be nice. Just to keep your hand in.

      Delete