welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Saturday, August 27, 2016

GUEST APPEARANCES AT SCREAM INN – SCARED-STIFF SAM




In the last episode of Scream Inn with a guest appearance of another Whoopee! character that I showed some three weeks ago the resident spooks hoped for Scared-Stiff Sam


They had to deal with ‘Orrible Hole instead that time, but sure enough, the forever-scared 'clumsy great jollop' was the next Whoopee! character to have a go at the prize of one million pounds in the issue of Whoopee! & Shiver and Shake cover-dated August 2nd, 1975.

As always, the images below show that week’s episode of Scream Inn, followed by the strip where the guest character appears in his normal setting. Four pages by two excellent artists Brian Walker and Mike Lacey. It’s British comics at their very best, as far as I am concerned! Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment