welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Tuesday, December 6, 2016

X-MAS EPISODES – GUESS WHO??



Regular followers of KAZOOP!! know that @ about this time of the year this blog has the fine tradition of running a series of X-mas episodes of a landmark UK comics character… I have covered Frankie Stein, Buster, Faceache and Scream Inn so far. 

Any guesses who I might show this year? If you want some hints, the character enjoyed one of the longest runs in UK comics; created by Leo Baxendale, it started in Shiver and Shake, rose from the ashes in the pages of Whoopee! and eventually migrated to Whizzer and Chips. I have made it a really easy guess for you, haven’t I? :)

Do come back soon for the quite obvious answer - I won't take long with my next article because I don't like blogposts without illustrations (like this one). 

P.S. -  having checked the statistics of KAZOOP!! over the recent two or three months I was genuinely surprised to discover that the vast majority of regular visits come from the USA and... Russia.  I'd be delighted to hear from my readers over there and learn more about their interest in UK comics! Unless you are some disappointing  bots, of course...

3 comments: