welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Saturday, July 7, 2018

CAMPAIGN ENDS AT 143%




The 35 funding days of my Ken Reid reprints campaign ended this weekend. It achieved 143 % of the goal, with a big boost in the last two days, so very happy about that. Thanks to all the fellow bloggers and Ken Reid fans who helped me to achieve that! The disbursement process has started, and the books are now in print, so I look forward to being able to show them here in less than two weeks’ time.


If you wanted to support the project but were too busy or forgot, please, note that it is still live and will remain open to all in INDEMAND mode, meaning you can still pre-order your slipcase set with free prints, or the individual books with free prints!

I intend to keep the IndieGoGo campaign open for another month from now until I receive the slipcases and am ready to ship the orders for THE POWER PACK. I know I mentioned this before, but I will say it again: after I close the campaign, the books will be available to buy online, but not as a limited edition box set, and without the free artwork prints. Pre-order your copy here while you can: THE POWER PACK OF KEN REID

No comments:

Post a Comment