welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Thursday, October 31, 2019

KEN REID REPRINT BOOKS YEAR-END / XMAS PROMOTION!



This year marks Ken’s 100th birthday on December 18th. 

To celebrate this special occasion, I am launching another year-end / Christmas promotion. Buyers of THE POWER PACK OF KEN REID! books will receive free A4 prints of Ken’s original artwork!

Vol. 1 (Frankie Stein + Jasper the Grasper) comes with a complete episode of Frankie Stein, cut in two halves:


Vol. 2 (Queen of the Seas + Dare-A Day Davy + The Nervs) comes with a complete episode of Dare-A-Day Davy, also cut in two halves. And that’s not just your regular episode, but the one with Ken’s self-portrait and his portrait of Walter Thorburn, the scriptwriter!



Those who order both books, will not only receive the four prints, but also TWO BONUS A4 prints of blown-up Dare-A-Day Davy panels with the portraits of the diabolical duo – Ken Reid and Walter Thorburn. That's a total of six free A4 prints!


You can order your copies from eBay or from my online shop here: https://www.kazoop-comics-shop.com/
 
The number of the prints is limited, so the offer stands until I run out of them. Be sure to get your orders in early to avoid delays in the postal Christmas rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment