welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Wednesday, November 8, 2017

WHO DREW THESE?



This time I would like to ask for some assistance of those of my readers who have a sharp eye for recognising artists’ styles. Any suggestions as to who may have drawn the 6 pages shown below? Thanks!







10 comments:

  1. Whoever it is, aside from the first drawing, he's certainly attempting to emulate Ken's style as far as the detailing goes. That second drawing looks very much like Ken's work, though there's something about the arms which gives me cause for doubt. As for the rest, wouldn't like to even hazard a guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to believe they were all drawn by the same artist who spent considerably less time on some, the first one in particular. I have my suspicions as to who he was but I am curious to hear what other people think :)

      Delete
    2. I say it was Ian Knox

      Delete
    3. Wasn't it a bit early for Ian Knox?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what I thought too :) I wonder if there are others who would agree?

      Delete
    2. the last two look like Robert Nixon.

      Delete
  3. I detect definite traces of Nixon is some, but not all of them. Still not 100% sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some might be by Robert Nixon. The Hot Water Bottle one certainly looks like his. I'm wondering if others might by by Colin Wyatt, who was on the staff at IPC at the time and had a very versatile style.

    ReplyDelete