welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Tuesday, January 28, 2020

THE MOONSTERS ON SPARKY BACK COVERS – PART 4



I recently acquired a copy of SPARKY No. 620 – the last issue that I needed for my complete set of this interesting title. I shared my joy on Twitter and on a few FB comics groups, and mentioned that I was after a complete copy of issue 110 because mine had its centre pages missing. Two fellow collectors responded to my appeal, and that elusive issue is now on its way to me from the UK!

I will celebrate this achievement by resuming my series of SPARKY back covers featuring the MOONSTERS by Bill Ritchie. A few years ago I did a string of galleries of all SPARKY front covers with the Moonsters (Nos. 35 – 139), and at the end of 2019 I did the first three galleries of the back covers (Nos. 2-34).

Here are the first 10 SPARKY back covers after the MOONSTERS were moved from the front cover to the back page once again starting from No. 140. Enjoy!











Images are © D.C.Thomson & Co. Ltd.

2 comments:

  1. Well done completing Sparky comic..some brilliant characters inside..
    A real gem of a comic.. what are your favourite characters?
    I love Spoofer..L cars.. The Sparky people.. Dreamy Daniel.. Puss and boots.. The Moonsters.. Mr Bubbles.. I Spy.. Telly people.. Barney Bulldog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy about that! I Spy is my favourite one.

      Delete