welcome and enjoy!

Hi and welcome to my blog about comics from other people’s childhood! It is dedicated primarily to British humour comics of the 60s and 70s. The reason they are not from my childhood is simply because I didn’t live in the UK back then (nor do I live there now). I knew next to nothing about them until fairly recently but since then I’ve developed a strong liking for the medium and amassed a large collection, including a number of complete or near complete sets. My intention is to use this blog as a channel for sharing my humble knowledge about different titles, favourite characters and creators as I slowly research my collection.

QUICK TIP: this blog is a sequence of posts covering one particular comic at a time. The sequence follows a certain logic, so for maximum results it is recommended that the blog is read from the oldest post up.

Copyright of all images and quotations used here is with their respective owners. Any such copyrighted material is used exclusively for educational purposes and will be removed at first notice. All other text copyright Irmantas P.



Thursday, August 30, 2012

COR!! ANNUALS AND HOLIDAY SPECIALS AFTER THE WEEKLY




IPC carried on publishing COR!! annuals and holiday specials long after the weekly folded: the last special came out in the summer of 1983 and the last annual – in the end of 1985.  As was the case with many IPC annuals and specials, COR!! publications were chock-full of reprints and sets drawn by artists other than the regular ones. Some reprints were kept in their original format, while some had their panels resized and given the odd full-colour facelift. As a general pattern, one-page sets from the weeklies were turned into two-pagers while two-pagers became four-pagers. 


The books and the specials are less fun to review but since this blog attempts to be a comprehensive resource for COR!! enthusiasts, I will go through all of them. I intend to show front covers and provide details about contents, price and the number of pages. One-off strips that didn’t appear in the weeklies will be covered under the headline of the respective annual or special, while strips that didn’t appear in the weeklies but were printed in more than one annual or special will receive a dedicated blogpost later on. I will identify reprints and new episodes as such where I can. 


1 comment:

  1. It will be amazing when you've finished it..
    You've done it so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete